What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter this information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. Any other information is optional. You may, however, also visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Many of our services do not require registration and no personal information is collected. However, some services do require registration and the collection of personally identifiable information.
In these cases, any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please contact us to adjust your email settings or use the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- You can request access to or deletion of all personal information we have on you at any time. To do so contact our Data Protection Officer below.
- Data Protection Officer – Barbara Jacobs; email@example.com; P.O. Box 315, Sebastopol, CA 95473
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We value your privacy. Therefore, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by sending us an email, to: (firstname.lastname@example.org) and requesting deletion of their information.
Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Our service, and all content on Barbara Jacobs Color and Design, is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Barbara Jacobs Color and Design specifically disclaims any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and no-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade.
Even though we will approve any submitted comments for what we deem to be relevant content prior to publication, Barbara Jacobs Color and Design takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content or images in word or sound (“User Content”) that you or any other user or third party posts or sends or shares using our Service. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
This policy was last modified on May 25, 2021